The NRSWA Unit S1: Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding training course in London provides participants with the knowledge required to monitor the installation of signage, lighting, guarding and portable traffic lights on work sites in accordance with best practices established by the NRSW Act of 1991.
This 1-day training course is for anyone who aspires to supervise the deployment of signs, lights and guards on highways in London in order to safely and effectively control the movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic through active work sites. This course is intended for actual or potential supervisors who will not be participating in the physical installation of SLG equipment.
Who is the course for
The 1-day London NRSWA Unit S1 Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding course is for anyone that needs to monitor and supervise the temporary signage, cones, guards and lights on the roads that direct traffic and people around the place of work. Previously known as Unit 10, this course is for supervisors only who do not undertake any physical work.
Upon successfully completing the NRSWA Unit S1: Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding training course in London participants should:
- Have a thorough understanding of relevant regulations and standards.
- Be able to identify and assess worksite hazards.
- Be able to supervise the installation of SLG works on active job sites on roads and highways.
- Ensure that said SLG components adhere to the NRSW Act of 1991.
- Monitor the installation of portable traffic lights.
- Be able to create safe and effective vehicle and pedestrian movement around work sites.
- Effectively monitor workers assembling and disassembling work site traffic controls.
Upon completion, the candidate will be assessed on their performance and required to sit for an online exam. Upon successfully passing the assessment and online exam the candidate will be registered on the Street Works Qualifications Register and receive an SWQR ID card.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning and practical activities in 1 day at the London Streetworks centre. You will then be required to complete assessments and a short online exam for the unit.
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate from the awarding body, from one of the following; CABWI, SQA, Lantra or City and Guilds. You will then be registered on the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR), and you will receive your own SWQR ID card.
How long does the qualification last
Your certificate and card are valid for 5 years and will show the unit you are qualified in to work on the roads.
The NRSWA Unit S1: Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding training course in London will cover the following aspects of the SLG monitor’s work:
- How to create a traffic plan for an active work site.
- How to ensure that plan complies with Safety at Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice.
- How to use said plan to implement necessary remedial work on the active work site.
- How to effectively monitor technicians installing SLG components on a work site.
- How to assess the working methods of an operative.
NRSWA Streetworks Monitor signing, lighting and guarding
The single unit 1 day course will qualify you in:
(Important: the number in brackets is the old streetworks unit number)
- S1 (10) – Monitoring, signing, lighting and guarding