NRSWA Unit 01 Streetworks Course Essex

Attend the 1 day NRSWA Unit 01 Signing, lighting and guarding course

NRSWA Streetworks Unit 01 Course in Essex

If you are responsible for the planning, setting up and removal of signing, lighting and guarding (SLG) on local streetworks sites, you need to be carrying a valid SWQR ID Card and relevant certification. You can obtain both of these by taking an NRSWA Unit O1 Streetworks course in Essex with us. As NRSWA certification specialists, we are able to provide a comprehensive service covering the training needs of both operatives and supervisors on streetworks sites across Essex and further afield. Our SLG course for operatives takes place over 1 day, with practical assessments and a timed exam that attendees need to successfully complete before being awarded their certification and issued with a new SWQR ID Card.

Although it is only a 1-day course, there is quite a lot of material to get through so you should get plenty of rest the day before to make sure that you’re on the ball. All of the following topics will be taught, and many more besides: 
  • Basic Tools and Techniques – You need to know all about the equipment you’re working with and how to set it up if you are responsible for SLG on local sites. 
  • Site Risk Assessments – It is vital to be able to perform in-depth risk assessments: only once you know how to spot risks can you address them effectively.
  • Traffic Control Methods – You will learn various ways in which traffic can be controlled through the strategic placement of signs, lights and guards.
  • Portable Traffic Signal Testing and Operating – Portable traffic signals are frequently deployed at streetworks sites so you need to know all about them.
  • Planning a New SLG Project – By the end of the day, you should know how to plan a new SLG project from scratch.

lowest provider booking

Fill In The Form To Get A Quote

Message has been successfully sent.

An error occurred while sending the message.

Why choose us?

  • Training available nationwide
  • Group training on your site
  • Dyslexic or find writing hard? Our flexible assessors can change aspects of the course to meet your needs
  • Weekend courses
  • Dedicated streetworks team
  • Experienced assessors with 25+ years experience
  • Highest pass rates
  • Lowest prices guaranteed
  • Fast certification
  • Officially accredited provider

Fill in the form to get a free quote or call us:

Our Trainers Have Worked With

MORRISON Transport for London Balfour Beatty Opeanreach

Frequently Asked Questions

 Below are the 5 most commonly booked Streetworks courses: 
- Unit LA - Location and avoidance of underground services (Cat & Genny) 
- Unit 2(O1) - Signing, lighting, guarding 
- Unit 10(S1) - Monitoring signing, lighting, guarding 
- Full 5 day Operative course 
- Full 5 day Supervisor course 
If you are unsure which course you require we recommend checking with your employer or the local council. 

Yes. Unit LA (previously known as unit 1) is for both Streetworks operatives and supervisors working on the roads, they do not require a separate qualification. 

The NRSWA Streetworks Unit LA is specifically for those who need to located underground apparatus whilst working on the UK roads and highways. It is a key unit which you need if you intend to qualify in any of the Streetworks excavation and reinstatement units. 
If you are not working on the roads you may require the EUSR qualification, or an in-house certification. If you are not sure please drop us a call 0333 301 0226. 

Yes the price includes all your certification and streetworks card.

Yes we offer discounts for group bookings call 0333 301 0226.

Yes we can complete training on your site for 6 or more delegates. We can also complete training on evenings and weekends to work around you. Call us on 0333 301 0226.

Yes, you can reschedule up to 14 days before any streetworks course.

Cancellation fees:

Within 30 days of course start date 100% of the total amount is due.

Outside of 30 days of the course there is no cancellation fee.

You can order a replacement card here